Water Damage Repair North Sydney
If your carpet has got wet and needs water damage repair, you not only have to dry it out as soon as possible but also ensure that it doesn’t smell foul. Such carpets usually retain their musty smell even after cleaning and drying. The stinky smell is hard to tolerate and is even harmful for health. It stinks because of the growth of mildew.
Our highly effective water damage repair North Sydney services can help you get rid of that pungent smell. We have cutting-edge tools and techniques through which we can extract even the slightest amount of water that might be there in your sofa. We can also treat it with chemicals to prevent molding. Be assured that your carpet will not suffer any damage during the entire process. Our water damage repair North Sydney services are much cost effective and convenient. However, if your carpet is not completely drenched and you want to repair it yourself, here are some helpful tips.
- If the carpet is removable, get it out in your backyard or hang it out and expose it to sunlight. Let it dry in the sunlight for 2-3 days or more if the smell is still very strong.
- If it is not removable, use wet dry vacuum to suck up water that is still there on the carpet. Vacuum it thoroughly to prevent the need of our professional water damage repair services.
- Take 2 cups of water and mix it with ½ cup of baking soda and 2 cups of white vinegar. Mix this solution well and apply it slightly at the corner of the carpet. Let it is dry to find out if the solution is causing discoloration. If there is no discoloration, apply this solution throughout the carpet with a sponge or brush. Apply only a thin layer; don’t let the carpet soak too much of the liquid.
- Vacuum dry it again or let it dry completely under the sun.
- If it still retains the foul smell, repeat the process again.
- Baking soda is a wonderful substance that can be used for water damage repair. Sprinkle a thin layer of baking soda over your carpet and let it sit on it for a few hours or may be leave it overnight. Baking soda will absorb moisture from the carpet and remove the odour as well. Moreover, it will not cause any discoloration.
- Vacuum the carpet well to remove the soda.
- Spray white vinegar on it in case it still smells fowl. Vinegar will deodorize the carpet as well as disinfect it.
Replace the carpet padding. The padding material doesn’t dry easily and even after vacuuming and air drying, it might still retain some moisture that will promote the growth of mold, thereby making it smell foul. Call us to get it replaced immediately.
In case DIYing doesn’t work, you must contact us to get the stinking smell out of your carpet. Our skilled technicians and state-of-the-art tools will be able to restore your expensive upholstery. For more details on our water damage repair North Sydney services, call 0405 554 247.
QUICK CONTACT FORM
Get Spot On Quality Service
Lowest Prices Guaranteed!
Same Day Service!
We respect your privacy. All your information will be 100% secure.
For a Booking, call us now!
0405 554 247