A wet carpet can be hazardous for your home. If not cleaned and dried properly, it can soon become a breeding ground for mods and mildew. Molding of carpet is a very serious issue. It is a potential health hazard. A molded carpet stinks badly and emits a foul smell that can cause respiratory problems. Further, molds are pathogens and can cause various diseases. If your carpet has recently got drenched in flood or due to a leaking pipe, you must hire a professional water damage restoration Sydney company like us to properly clean and dry your carpet. We will thoroughly dry it and sanitize it to prevent molding. We have a vast range of products that can help us do the job much more efficiently than you can do it yourself. However, if your carpet is not completely wet and you prefer doing it yourself, here are a few tips that may help you.
- Depending on the amount of water or liquid that has come in contact with the carpet, you may have to roll it up, take out, and let it dry in the sun for a few days. If your carpet is slightly wet, soak up the excess liquid using clean towels and switch on the fans to make it dry quickly. Do not use cheap quality tissue papers; use clean and dry towels.
- Even if your carpet is not too much wet, do not leave it to dry by itself. Leaving water or any other form of liquid on it will encourage development of molds. If they get favourable conditions, molds can begin their growth within 24-48 hours of water accident. You should therefore, ensure that your carpet dries before they begin to grow. If you think you will not be able to dry it out soon, call a professional water damage restoration Sydney agency like us immediately. We have heavy-duty equipments that can quickly extract water from your upholstery. We will also treat it with sanitizing solutions that will kill the germs and bacteria that may cause the development of mold.
- Even if you throw out your carpet in the sun to let it dry quickly, make sure you get the padding changed. It is a sponge-like material that holds moisture for a long time. Even after you have thoroughly dried your carpet, the padding may have retained some liquid that can create further problems. Call up our water damage restoration Sydney team and will reach you will all the equipments that we may require to restore your wet carpet.
- We at Spot On Carpet Cleaning do not recommend cleaning and drying the carpet that has come in contact with sewage water, specially it is completely drenched and cannot be dried immediately. Even if an expert water damage restoration Sydney company like us will be able to extract the water safely, it will be too unhygienic to use. Such carpets should better be thrown out.
- Many household products like baking soda may prevent the development of molds but we do not recommend using them. They may cause discoloration or may damage the carpet in any other way.
A carpet is an expensive investment. We therefore, suggest you not to experiment with it and call up a reliable and experienced water damage restoration Sydney agency like us for help. To know more about our carpet cleaning and mold prevention services, call us at 0405 554 247.